February 4-8, 2019
8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Monday – Friday)
Sponsored by PAVSA in Duluth
Registration Fee: $200 at time of registration and $200 due on February 4, 2019
Total - $400
Fee includes the training, flash drive with reference materials and handouts, lunches, and snacks.
All handouts will be available online a week before the training to download and print or bring on a laptop.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration and payment information or
Contact us at (218) 726-1442
Essentia Health St Mary’s Hospital-Superior
3500 Tower Avenue,
Superior, Wisconsin 54880
Barker’s Island Inn Resort – Superior WI $94/night
Best Western Bridgeview Superior – Superior WI $77.34 and free breakfast
Duluth is just a 10-minute drive away – with many places to stay
Parking: There is ample free parking on-site at the training location.
- To become a SANE you must have a Registered Nursing (RN) license and two years of clinical practice
- The SANE training provides the minimum course hours necessary to meet the SANE training eligibility requirements to apply to sit for the Commission for Forensic Nursing Certification examinations
- The SANE Training is designed as a basic course for those new to the specialized area of caring for sexual assault patients in the role of the sexual assault nurse examiner
- The 40-hour Adult/Adolescent Didactic SANE Training is designed to provide the adult/adolescent SANE with the foundational knowledge and critical thinking skills necessary to provide holistic, comprehensive care to adult and adolescent sexual assault patient populations
- Components of the 40-hour didactic training include:
- Overview of Forensic Nursing and Sexual Violence
- Victim Responses and Crisis Intervention
- Collaborating with Community Agencies
- Medicolegal History Taking
- Observing and Assessing Physical Examination Findings
- Medicolegal Specimen Collection
- Medicolegal Photography
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing and Prophylaxis
- Pregnancy Testing and Prophylaxis
- Medicolegal Documentation
- Discharge and Follow‐Up Planning
- Legal Considerations and Judicial Proceedings
Core Content providers:
Alisha Blazevic, RN, SANE-A Lead SANE, PAVSA
Linda Walther RN SANE-A SANE-P, Regions SANE Program, MNCASA SANE Consultant
Ellen Johnson RN, SANE‐A, CEN, CPEN, SANE Program Supervisor Regions SANE program
*For questions about the SANE Training contact Linda Walther at email@example.com
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Partial credit will not be awarded. A certificate of completion will be provided upon successful completion of the training.
You can cancel your registration until Friday, January 18th and receive a full refund of your $200 deposit. There will be no refund of your deposit after Friday, January 18th, 2019 unless the training is canceled by the PAVSA SANE Program.